- •This is the study to investigate the impact of antimicrobial stewardship program (ASP) interventions.
- •ASP contributed to decrease antimicrobial use density and antimicrobial agent costs.
- •ASP contributed to improve antimicrobial susceptibilities of E. coli and K. pneumoniae to several antibiotics, compared to ICT interventions.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
National Action Plan on Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) 2016-2020 [Internet]. [cited 2021 Aug 15]. Accessed November 30, 2021. http://www.mhlw.go.jp/file/06-Seisakujouhou-10900000-Kenkoukyoku/0000138942.pdf
- Current evidence on hospital antimicrobial stewardship objectives: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Lancet Infect Dis. 2016; 16: 847-856
- Outpatient antimicrobial stewardship: targets for urinary tract infections.Am J Infect Control. 2020; 48: 1009-1012
- Outpatient antimicrobial stewardship: Optimizing patient care via pharmacist led microbiology review.Am J Infect Control. 2020; 48: 189-193
- Urological situation five years after spinal cord injury.Scand J Urol Nephrol. 1999; 33: 157-161
- Urinary tract infection in persons with spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1995; 76: 272-280
- Contribution of antimicrobial stewardship programs to reduction of antimicrobial therapy costs in community hospital with 429 Beds –before-after comparative two-year trial in Japan.J Pharm policy Pract. 2014; 7: 10
- Use of oral third generation cephalosporins and quinolones and occurrence of antibiotic-resistant strains in the neurogenic bladder (NB) outpatient setting: a retrospective chart audit.Spinal Cord. 2020; 58: 705-710
- Infection control team activity and recent antibiograms in the Kobe University Hospital.J Antibiot (Tokyo). 2013; 66: 511-516
- Investigation of the freely available easy-to-use software “EZR” for medical statistics.Bone Marrow Transplant. 2013; 48: 452-458
- The impact of antibiotic use on the incidence and resistance pattern of extended-spectrum beta-lactamase-producing bacteria in primary and secondary healthcare settings.Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2012; 74: 171-179
- Trends in human fecal carriage of extended-spectrum β-lactamases in the community: toward the globalization of CTX-M.Clin Microbiol Rev. 2013; 26: 744-758
- Fecal colonization with extended-spectrum beta-lactamase–producing enterobacteriaceae and risk factors among healthy individuals: a systematic review and metaanalysis.Clin Infect Dis. 2016; 63: 310-318
- Clonal emergence of extended-spectrum β-lactamase (CTX-M-2)-producing Salmonella enterica serovar virchow isolates with reduced susceptibilities to ciprofloxacin among poultry and humans in Belgium and France (2000 to 2003).J Clin Microbiol. 2006; 44: 2897-2903
- Foodborne Nosocomial Outbreak of SHV1 and CTX-M-15-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae: Epidemiology and Control.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 52: 743-749
- Outpatient antibiotic use in Europe and association with resistance: a cross-national database study.Lancet. 2005; 365: 579-587
- Impact of antimicrobial stewardship managed by clinical pharmacists on antibiotic use and drug resistance in a Chinese hospital, 2010–2016: a retrospective observational study.BMJ Open. 2019; 9e026072
- The effect of preauthorization and prospective audit and feedback system on oral antimicrobial prescription for outpatients at a children's hospital in Japan.J Infect Chemother. 2020; 26: 582-587
- Educational interventions to improve prescribing competency: a systematic review.BMJ Open. 2013; 3e003291
Funding: None to declare.
Conflicts of Interest: All authors report no conflicts of interest.