- •Knowledge gaps provide to the low adherence to the infection prevention measures.
- •We implemented a WebQuest for nursing staff in primary health care.
- •WebQuest is an activity that involves learners in the development of a task.
- •The intervention group showed a significant increased knowledge.
- •WebQuest may be used to improve compliance with infection prevention.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Effective infection prevention and control: the nurse's role.Nurs Stand. 2018; 33: 68-72
- The role of primary care in the prevention and control of health care associated infections.Rev Esc Enferm USP. 2014; 48: 1137-1144
- Considerations for a WHO European strategy on health-care-associated infection, surveillance, and control.Lance Infect Dis. 2005; 5: 242-250
- Critical preparedness, readiness and response actions for COVID-19: interim guidance, 22 March 2020. World Health Organization,
2020https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/331511Date accessed: December 3, 2021
- Hospital outbreak of Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 407-416
- Burden of community-acquired and nosocomial rotavirus gastroenteritis in the pediatric population of Western Europe: a scoping review.BMC Infect Dis. 2012; 12: 1-14
- Outbreak of gastroenteritis in healthcare workers affecting neonatal patients.in: International Conference on Healthcare-Associated Infections. Abstracts, 2010
- Guideline for isolation precautions: preventing transmission of infectious agents in healthcare settings 2007.Centers Dis Control Prev. 2007; 1: 1-232
- Knowledge of standard precautions and barriers to compliance among healthcare workers in the Lower Manya Krobo District, Ghana.BMC Res Notes. 2017; 10: 1-9
- Knowledge, attitudes and perceptions of occupational hazards and safety practices in Nigerian healthcare workers.BMC Res Notes. 2016; 9: 1-14
- Adherence to standard precautions in a teaching hospital.Rev Bras Enferm. 2017; 70 ([Internet]): 96-103
- Adherence to precautions for preventing the transmission of microorganisms in primary health care: a qualitative study.BMC Nurs. 2017; 16: 4-11
- In the era of corona virus: health care professionals’ knowledge, attitudes, and practice of hand hygiene in Saudi primary care centers: a cross-sectional study.J Community Hosp Intern Med Perspect. 2016; 6: 32151
- Evaluation of the adoption of standard precautions by professionals from a Basic Health Unit in Belo Horizonte.Rev Saúde Pública do Paraná. 2016; 17: 51-58
- Adhesion to hand hygiene and use of personal protective equipment for nursing professionals in primary health care.Cienc Cuid Saude. 2012; 11: 343-351
- Appraisal of recommended respiratory infection control practices in primary care and emergency department settings.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 268-275
- Infection control management of patients with suspected highly infectious diseases in emergency departments: data from a survey in 41 facilities in 14 European countries.BMC Infect Dis. 2012; 12: 1-7
- Improving knowledge and compliance with infection control standard precautions among undergraduate nursing students in Jordan.Am J Infect Control. 2018; 46 ([Internet]): 297-302
- What is the role of primary health care in COVID-19 pandemic?.Epidemiol Serv Saude. 2020; 29e2020166
- Comitê Gestor da Rede de Pesquisa em Atenção Primaria à Sáude da Abrasco. Primary healthcare in times of COVID-19: what to do?.Cad Saude Publica. 2020; 36: 1-5
- Webquests: a technique for internet: based learning.Distance Educ. 1995; 1: 10-13
- Knowledge about precautions in primary health care: tool validation.Rev Bras Enferm. 2018; 71 ([Internet]): 1683-1689
- CONSORT 2010 Statement: update guidelines for reporting parallel group randomized trials.BMC Med. 2010; 8: 1-9
- Behavior change interventions and policies influencing primary healthcare professionals’ practice-an overview of reviews.Implement Sci. 2017; 12 ([Internet]): 1-16
- The effect of web quest and team-based learning on students’ self-regulation.J Adv Med Educ Prof. 2016; 4 ([Internet]): 80-87
- An internet-delivered handwashing intervention to modify influenza-like illness and respiratory infection transmission (PRIMIT): a primary care randomised trial.Lancet. 2015; 386 ([Internet]): 1631-1639
- Implementation of an educational module on nosocomial infection control measures: a randomised hospital-based trial.BMC Nurs. 2021; 20: 1-10
Funding/support: This work was funded by the São Paulo State Research Support Foundation (FAPESP), process n° 2017 / 09786-8 .
Conflicts of interest: None to report.