- •Focused Multivector Ultraviolet technology rapidly killed the SARS-CoV-2 in-vitro.
- •Mean reductions of 99.9999% SARS-CoV-2 were achieved within 90 seconds.
- •Focused Multivector Ultraviolet technology is effective for SARS-CoV-2 disinfection.
Carrier preparation and FMUV exposure
|Condition||Exposure time (s)||Plaque forming units (PFU)||Mean PFU||Percent reduction|
- Detection of air and surface contamination by SARS-CoV-2 in hospital rooms of infected patients.Nat Commun. 2020; 11: 2800
- An overview of research on air and environmental contamination with SARS-CoV-2 in healthcare settings.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2020; : 1-4
- SARS-CoV-2 survival on surfaces and the effect of UV-C light.Viruses. 2021; 13: 408
- Susceptibility of SARS-CoV-2 to UV irradiation.Am J Infect Control. 2020; 48: 1273-1275
- UV-C irradiation is highly effective in inactivating SARS-CoV-2 replication.Sci Rep. 2021; 11: 6260
- Comparative evaluation of operating room terminal cleaning by two methods: focused multivector ultraviolet (FMUV) versus manual-chemical disinfection.Am J Infect Control. 2020; 48: 147-152
- ASTM E1053-20, Standard Practice to Assess Virucidal Activity of Chemicals Intended for Disinfection of Inanimate, Nonporous Environmental Surfaces.ASTM International, 2011
- Procedure for the OECD Quantitative Method for Testing Antimicrobial Products Against Spores of Clostridium difficile (ATCC 43598) on Inanimate, Hard, Non-porous Surfaces.Environmental Protection Agency, 2017
- E2197 - 17: Standard Quantitative Disk Carrier Test Method for Determining Bactericidal, Virucidal, Fungicidal, Mycobactericidal, and Sporicidal Activities of Chemicals.ASTM International, 2017
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation Handbook: UVGI for Air and Surface Disinfection, Chapter 4: UV Rate Constants).Springer, 2009
Funding/support: T.J.W. and V.P. served as advisors to PurpleSun; fees from their consultancy were paid to Weill Cornell Medicine.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.