- •Presenteeism among health- care workers is a source of infectious disease outbreaks.
- •Such presenteeism threatens the health of hospitalized patients.
- •It also increases hospital costs.
- •Controlling presenteeism among healthcare workers is critical.
- •It will help prevent infectious disease outbreaks.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Prevalence of infectious diseases in hospital wards comprising patients with severe motor and intellectual disabilities.Iryo. 2008; 62: 679-683
Guideline for corroboration health. Minist Health Lab Welf. https://www.mhlw.go.jp/file/04-Houdouhappyou-12401000-Hokenkyoku-Soumuka/0000171483.pdf. Published 2017. Accessed January 14, 2022.
- The common cold.Lancet. 2003; 361: 51-59
- Outbreak of human Metapneumovirus infection in a hospital Ward for patients with severe motor and intellectual disabilities.J Jpn Pediatr Soc. 2012; 116: 1519-1527
- Prevalence of human Metapneumovirus infection in hospital wards handling patients with severe motor and intellectual disabilities.Kansenshogaku Zasshi. 2012; 86: 109-114
- Risk analysis of respiratory infections in facilities for patients with severe motor and intellectual disabilities in Japan.Can J Infect Control. 2018; 33: 204-208
- A Practical Approach to Occupational and Environmental Medicine.3rd ed. Lippin Cott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, USA2013: 140-152
- Influenza vaccine coverage and presenteeism in Sedgwick County, Kansas.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: 588-591
- Presenteeism: research history and future tasks.Occup Health Rev. 2020; 33: 25-57
- The syndromic surveillance in hospital workers to prevent nosocomial infection and for occupational safety and health The Jpn.J Qual Saf Healthc. 2014; 9: 40-47
- Face touching: a frequent habit that has implications for hand hygiene.Am J Infect Control. 2015; 43: 112-114
- Behavioral interventions to reduce infections in pediatric long-term care facilities: The Keep It Clean for Kids Trial.Behav Med. 2018; 44: 141-150
Scott RD. The direct medical costs of healthcare-associated infections in U.S. hospitals and the benefits of prevention. https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/11550.
- Study on the cause of death in patients with severe motor and intellectual disabilities syndrome.Iryo. 2001; 55: 175-179
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. Cerebral palsy in adults. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng119. Published 2019. Accessed August 25, 2021.
- Human Metapneumovirus and lower respiratory tract disease in otherwise healthy infants and children.N Engl J Med. 2004; 350: 443-450
- Human Metapneumovirus and respiratory syncytial virus, Brazil.Emerg Infect Dis. 2003; 9: 1626-1628
- Increased risk of rhinovirus infection in children during the coronavirus disease-19 pandemic.Influ Other Respir Viruses. 2021; 15: 488-494
Infectious agents surveillance report. Natl Inst Infect Dis. https://www.niid.go.jp/niid/ja/route/respiratory/1750-idsc/iasr-in/9877-487d02.html. Published 2020. Accessed November 9, 2021.