- •Linear association between costs of infection control items and anesthesia units?
- •Prospective observational of 38 anesthetics, recording infection control supplies used
- •Associated anesthesia units (base+time) with supply costs, linear association
- •Examples show how to use to forecast annual anesthesia infection control supply costs
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The effect of improving basic preventive measures in the perioperative arena on Staphylococcus aureus transmission and surgical site infections, a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e201934
B. Braun. SAXA medical solution inc.’s anesthesia disinfection workstation. https://www.bbraunusa.com/en/products/b4/anesthesia-disinfectionworkstation.html. Accessed 1 April2022.
- Effectiveness and feasibility of an evidence-based intraoperative infection control program targeting improved basic measures; a post-implementation prospective case-cohort study.J Clin Anesth. 2022; 77110632
- A method to compare costs of drugs and supplies among anesthesia providers: a simple statistical method to reduce variations in cost due to variations in casemix.Anesthesiology. 1998; 88: 1350-1356
- Sources of variation in anesthetic drug costs.Anesth Analg. 2018; 126: 1241-1248
American Society of Anesthesiologists. Relative Value Guide 2022 CROSSWALK eFile. https://www.asahq.org/shop-asa/mk2022rvg. Accessed 29 March 2022.
- Quantifying and interpreting inequality of surgical site infections among operating rooms.Can J Anesth. 2021; 68: 812-824
- Sample sizes for surveillance of S. aureus transmission to monitor effectiveness and provide feedback on intraoperative infection control including for COVID-19.Periop Care Oper Room Manag. 2020; 20100115
- Perioperative COVID-19 defense: an evidence-based approach for optimization of infection control and operating room management.Anesth Analg. 2020; 131: 37-42
- Strategies for daily operating room management of ambulatory surgery centers following resolution of the acute phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.J Clin Anesth. 2020; 64109854
- Video observation to map hand contact and bacterial transmission in operating rooms.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 698-701
- Reduction in intraoperative bacterial contamination of peripheral intravenous tubing through the use of a novel device.Anesthesiology. 2009; 110: 978-985
- Transmission of pathogenic bacterial organisms in the anesthesia work area.Anesthesiology. 2008; 109: 399-407
- Decreasing contamination of the anesthesia environment.Am J Infect Control. 2014; 42: 1223-1225
Ontario, Ministry of Health. OHIP Schedule of Benefits and Fees, Physician Services. https://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/programs/ohip/sob/physserv/sob_master.pdf#page=106. Accessed 23 March 2022
- Teaching optimal design of experiments using a spreadsheet.J Stat Educ. 2004; 12
Google. Random number generator. https://www.google.com/search?q=random+number+generator. Accessed 08 May 2022
Schechter C. Testing whether to include a squared term. https://www.statalist.org/forums/forum/general-stata-discussion/general/1376936-testing-whether-to-include-a-squared-term. Accessed 13 May 2022
- Long-term forecasting of anesthesia workload in operating rooms from changes in a hospital's local population can be inaccurate.Anesth Analg. 2008; 106: 1223-1231