- •Whole genome DNA sequencing (WGS) was performed on bone marrow transplantation physician items.
- •WGS identified thousands of unique bacteria, DNA viruses, fungi, and bacteriophages.
- •Antimicrobial resistance elements were identified on all items tested.
- •Stethoscopes contained the greatest frequency of antibiotic resistance genes.
Discussion and Conclusions
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The Hippocratic Oath and the Ethics of Medicine.Oxford University Press, 2004
- Guidelines for preventing infectious complications among hematopoietic cell transplantation recipients: a global perspective.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009; 15: 1143-1238
- Whole genome sequencing revealed new molecular characteristics in multidrug resistant staphylococci recovered from high frequency touched surfaces in London.Sci Rep. 2019; 9: 9637
- AmiGO: online access to ontology and annotation data.Bioinformatics. 2009; 25: 288-289
- The MetaCyc Database of metabolic pathways and enzymes and the BioCyc collection of Pathway/Genome Databases.Nucleic Acids Res. 2008; 36: D623-D631
- Species-level functional profiling of metagenomes and metatranscriptomes.Nat Methods. 2018; 15: 962-968
- UniProt: the universal protein knowledgebase.Nucleic Acids Res. 2016; 45: D158-D169
- UniProt: the universal protein knowledgebase.Nucleic Acids Res. 2017; 45: D158-D169
- Trichodysplasia spinulosa: a rare complication of immunosuppression.JAAD Case Rep. 2016; 2: 307-309
- Healthcare personnel attire and devices as fomites: a systematic review.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016; 37: 1367-1373
- Efflux pump mediated antimicrobial resistance by staphylococci in health-related environments: challenges and the quest for inhibition.Antibiotics (Basel). 2021; 10: 1502
- Chapter 1 - Update on human polyomaviruses and cancer.in: Vande Woude GF Klein G Advances in Cancer Research. 106. Academic Press, 2010: 1-51
- Bacteriophages in natural and artificial environments.Pathogens. 2019; 8: 100
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
These results have not been presented at any conferences. This manuscript is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Funding: Katz Foundation.
Conflicts of interest: None to report.