- •Whole genome DNA sequencing (WGS) was performed on bone marrow transplantation physician items.
- •WGS identified thousands of unique bacteria, DNA viruses, fungi, and bacteriophages.
- •Antimicrobial resistance elements were identified on all items tested.
- •Stethoscopes contained the greatest frequency of antibiotic resistance genes.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- The Hippocratic Oath and the ethics of medicine.Oxford University Press, Oxford; New York2004
- Guidelines for preventing infectious complications among hematopoietic cell transplantation recipients: a global perspective.Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2009; 15: 1143-1238
- Whole genome sequencing revealed new molecular characteristics in multidrug resistant staphylococci recovered from high frequency touched surfaces in London.Sci Rep. 2019; 9: 9637https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-019-45886-6
- Bacterial contamination of medical providers' white coats and surgical scrubs: A systematic review.Am J Infect Control. 2019; 47: 994-1001
- AmiGO: online access to ontology and annotation data.Bioinformatics. 2009; 25: 288-289
- The MetaCyc Database of metabolic pathways and enzymes and the BioCyc collection of Pathway/Genome Databases.Nucleic acids research. 2008; 36: D623-DD31
- Species-level functional profiling of metagenomes and metatranscriptomes.Nat Methods. 2018; 15: 962-968
- UniProt: the universal protein knowledgebase.Nucleic Acids Research. 2016; 45: D158-DD69
- UniProt: the universal protein knowledgebase.Nucleic Acids Research. 2017; 45: D158-DD69
- Trichodysplasia spinulosa: A rare complication of immunosuppression.JAAD Case Rep. 2016; 2: 307-309
- Healthcare Personnel Attire and Devices as Fomites: A Systematic Review.Infection Control & Hospital Epidemiology. 2016; 37: 1367-1373
- Efflux Pump Mediated Antimicrobial Resistance by Staphylococci in Health-Related Environments: Challenges and the Quest for Inhibition.Antibiotics (Basel). 2021; 10
Gjoerup O, Chang Y. Chapter 1 - Update on Human Polyomaviruses and Cancer. In: Vande Woude GF, Klein G, eds. Advances in Cancer Research. Vol. 106: Academic Press, 2010:1-51.
- Bacteriophages in Natural and Artificial Environments.Pathogens. 2019; 8