Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Antibiotic resistant threats in the United States (2019). Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/drugresistance/pdf/threats-report/2019-ar-threats-report-508.pdf. Accessed October 3, 2021.
- Environmental factors influencing the development and spread of antibiotic resistance.FEMS Microbiol Rev. 2018; 42: fux053
- Risk factors for clostridium difficile infection.J Hosp Infect. 1998; 40: 1-15
- Trends in U.S. burden of clostridioides difficile infection and outcomes.N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 1320-1330
- The antibiotic resistance crisis: part 1: causes and threats.P T. 2015; 40: 277-283
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Antimicrobial use and resistance (AUR) module. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/pdfs/pscmanual/11pscaurcurrent.pdf. Accessed October 3, 2021.
Willis L. Personal communication. 2018, Jan 30.
Health care Association of New York State. About HANYS. Available from: https://www.hanys.org/about/. Accessed September 18, 2018.
Health care Association of New York State. 2018 HANYS antibiotic stewardship overview. Available from: https://www.hanys.org/fetch/?file=/quality/clinical_operational_initiatives/antibiotic/2017-01-30_abx_stewardship_collaborative_year_3_overview.pdf. Accessed June 18, 2018.
- Mixed methods procedures.Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, And Mixed Methods Approaches. 5th ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, CA2018
- Accuracy of ICD-9 coding for Clostridium difficile infections: a retrospective cohort.Epidemiol Infect. 2007; 135: 1010-1013
- Recurrent Clostridium difficile infection: a review of risk factors, treatments, and outcomes.J Infect. 2009; 58: 403-410
- Evaluation of advanced age as a risk factor for severe Clostridium difficile infection.J Clin Gerontol Geriatr. 2016; 7: 12-16
- All patient refined-diagnostic related group and case mix index in acute care palliative medicine.J Support Oncol. 2007; 5: 145-149
- Rural hospital participation and performance in value-based purchasing and other delivery system reform initiatives.ASPE Issue Brief. 2016; (Available from) (Accessed 2018 June 20, 2018)
- The association between hospital characteristics and rates of preventable complications and adverse events.Med Care. 2006; 44: 265-269
- Disproportionate share hospital subsidies for treating the uninsured.Med Care. 2010; 48: 809-814
- Research Methods Knowledge Base.3rd ed. Atomic Dog/Cengage Learning, Mason, Ohio2008 ()
- A simple method to assess and report thematic saturation in qualitative research.PLoS One. 2020; 15 (Published 2020 May 5)e0232076
- Qualitative Interviewing: The Art of Hearing Data.2nd ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, California2005 ()
Becker's Hospital Review. Hospital competition in the era of health care reform: Q&A with mount sinai hospital president wayne keathley. Available from: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hospital-management-administration/hospital-competition-in-the-era-of-healthcare-reform-qaa-with-mount-sinai-medical-center-president-wayne-keathley.html. Accessed October 7, 2018.
- A hospital association's effort to improve infection prevention practices through statewide collaborative building.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: S98-S99
- Impact of participation in the California health care-associated infection prevention initiative on adoption and implementation of evidence-based practices for patient safety and health care-associated infection rates in a cohort of acute care general hospitals.Am J Infect Control. 2013; 41: 307-311
- A statewide catheter-associated urinary tract infection prevention collaborative.Am J of Infect Control. 2013; 41: S110-S111
- Two-state collaborative study of a multifaceted intervention to decrease ventilator-associated events.Crit Care Med. 2017; 45: 1208-1215
- Agency for Health care Research and Quality (AHRQ) Hospital-Acquired Infections (HAI) Collaborative. A national collaborative for reducing health care‒associated infections: current initiatives, challenges, and opportunities.Am J Infect Control. 2011; 39: 685-689
- Prevention of hospital-onset Clostridium difficile infection in the New York metropolitan region using a collaborative intervention model.J Healthc Qual. 2014; 36: 35-45
- A collaborative approach to clostridium difficile infection prevention: utilizing evidence-based prevention strategies to improve patient outcomes.Am J of InfectControl. 2013; 41: S123-S124
Minnesota Department of Health. Minnesota one health antibiotic stewardship collaborative. Available from: https://www.health.state.mn.us/onehealthabx/. Accessed June 18, 2018.
Alaska State Hospital and Nursing Home Association. Alaska antimicrobial stewardship collaborative. Available from: https://www.ashnha.com/antimicrobial-stewardship/. Accessed June 18, 2018.
New Jersey Hospital Association Institute for Quality andPatient Safety. Antimicrobial stewardship. Available from: https://www.njha.com/pfp/njtools/abx/. Accessed June 18, 2018.
- Antibiotic stewardship: does it work in hospital practice? A review of the evidence base.Clin Microbiol Infect. 2017; 23: 799-805
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflict of interest: DJD is a former employee of the Health Care Association of New York State who provided data access for this project.