- •Virginia observed an increase in the incidence of Candida auris from 2020-2021.
- •Most new cases identified in a ventilator skilled nursing facility (vSNF).
- •Two clades were identified, indicating distinct C. auris introductions.
- •Regional facilities should collaborate on infection prevention and control practices.
- •vSNFs must prioritize multidrug-resistant organism prevention strategies.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Incidence and management of Candida Auris in a skilled nursing home.Am J Infect Control. 2020; 48: S15-S16https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2020.06.128
- First reported outbreak of the emerging pathogen Candida auris in Canada.Am J Infect Control. 2021; 49: 804-807https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2021.01.013
- A description of the first Candida auris-colonized individuals in New York State.Am J Infect Control. 2016; 47 (-2017): S10https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2019.04.155
Pennsylvania Department of Health. Alert: New outbreak and containment of Candida auris in PA healthcare facilities; 2020 [cited 2021 Aug 13]. Available from: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/Documents/HAN/2020-PAHAN-522-08-18-ALT-Candida%20aur.pdf
- Candida auris outbreak in a COVID-19 specialty care unit — Florida, July–August 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021; 70: 56-57https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7002e3
- Notes from the field: Transmission of pan-resistant and echinocandin-resistant Candida auris in health care facilities ― Texas and the District of Columbia, January–April 2021.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021; 70: 1022-1023https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm7029a2
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Tracking Candida auris; 2021 [cited 2021 Sept 21]. Available from: https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/candida-auris/tracking-c-auris.html
- Multiple introductions and subsequent transmission of multidrug-resistant Candida auris in the USA: A molecular epidemiological survey.Lancet Infect Dis. 2018; 18: 1377-1384https://doi.org/10.1016/S1473-3099(18)30597-8
- National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS) Candida auris 2019 Case Definition.Reviewed. April 16, 2021;
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Interim Guidance for a Public Health Response to Contain Novel or Targeted Multidrug-resistant Organisms (MDROs). Updated January 2019. https://www.cdc.gov/hai/pdfs/containment/Health-Response-Contain-MDRO-H.pdf