Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- Necessary Infrastructure of Infection Prevention and Healthcare Epidemiology Programs: A Review.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016; 37: 371-380
- Feeding back surveillance data to prevent hospital-acquired infections.Emerg Infect Dis. 2001; 7: 295-298
- Building a Successful Infection Prevention Program: Key Components, Processes, and Economics.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2016; 30: 567-589
- Surveillance, Auditing, and Feedback Can Reduce Surgical Site Infection Dramatically: Toward Zero Surgical Site Infection.Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2018; 19: 313-320
- Surveillance for Healthcare Infections.IFIC Basic Concepts of Infection Control. 3rd editio. International Federation of Infection Control, 2016 (URL)2016)
- Infectious Disease Surveillance.International Encyclopedia of Public Health. 2017; : 222-229
National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN): Outline For Healthcare-Associated Infections Surveillance. April 2006. URL: https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/pdfs/outlineforhaisurveillance.pdf. 2006.
- NHSN Manual. Patient Safety Component Protocol. Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion. 2022; (JanurayURL:) (Last accessed Februray 1, 2022). 2022
- Surveillance of healthcare-associated infections and prevention indicators in European intensive care units.ECDC, Stockholm2017 (2017. URL:)(Last accessed Februray 1, 2022)
- Understanding the current state of infection preventionists through competency, role, and activity self-assessment.American Journal of Infection Control. 2017; 45: 589-596
- National survey of the status of infection surveillance and control programs in acute care hospitals with more than 300 beds in the Republic of Korea.American Journal of Infection Control. 2006; 34: 223-233
- Infection prevention staffing and resources in U.S. acute care hospitals: Results from the APIC MegaSurvey.American Journal of Infection Control. 2018; 46: 852-857
- Staffing for infectious diseases, clinical microbiology and infection control in hospitals in 2015: results of an ESCMID member survey.Clinical Microbiology and Infection. 2016; 22 (812.e819-812.e817)
- Surveillance systems for healthcare-associated infection in high and upper-middle income countries: A scoping review.Journal of Infection and Chemotherapy. 2020; 26: 429-437
- The International Nosocomial Infection Control Consortium (INICC): goals and objectives, description of surveillance methods, and operational activities.Am J Infect Control. 2008; 36: e1-12
- Evolution of infection control in Egypt: achievements and challenges.Am J Infect Control. 2006; 34: 193-200
- Evaluation of Infection Prevention and Control Programmes (IPC), and Assessment Tools for IPC-Programmes at MOH-Health Facilities in Saudi Arabia.Open Journal of Nursing. 2014; 4: 483-492
AcicN: Arab Countries Infection Control Network. URL: www.acicn.net (Last accessed April 1, 2021). 2019.
- Infection prevention and control staffing and programs in Middle Eastern Countries.J Infect Dev Ctries. 2022; 16: 889-896
- PRAISE: providing a roadmap for automated infection surveillance in Europe.Clinical Microbiology and Infection. 2021; 27: S3-S19
- APIC MegaSurvey: Methodology and overview.American Journal of Infection Control. 2017;
- Opportunities to Overcome Implementation Challenges of Infection Prevention and Control in Low-Middle Income Countries.Current Treatment Options in Infectious Diseases. 2019; 11: 267-280
- The emergence of infection surveillance and control programs in US hospitals: an assessment, 1976.Am J Epidemiol. 1980; 111: 574-591
- Challenges of infection control capacity in the Middle Eastern countries; time to be actively involved.Journal of Infection and Public Health. 2022; 15: 448-449
World Health Organization: Minimum requirements for infection prevention and control. URL: https://apps.who.int/iris/rest/bitstreams/1262934/retrieve. 2019.
- Infection control bundles in intensive care: an international cross-sectional survey in low- and middle-income countries.Journal of Hospital Infection. 2019; 101: 248-256
- Staffing and structure of infection prevention and control programs.American Journal of Infection Control. 2009; 37: 351-357
- Impact of electronic healthcare-associated infection surveillance software on infection prevention resources: a systematic review of the literature.Journal of Hospital Infection. 2018; 99: 1-7
- Electronically assisted surveillance systems of healthcare-associated infections: a systematic review.Euro Surveill. 2020; 25
- Hospital-Wide Surveillance of Healthcare-Associated Infections as a Source of Information about Specific Hospital Needs. A 5-Year Observation in a Multiprofile Provincial Hospital in the South of Poland.International journal of environmental research and public health. 2018; 15: 1956
- Comparison of hospitalwide surveillance and targeted intensive care unit surveillance of healthcare-associated infections.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2007; 28: 1361-1366
- Burden of healthcare-associated infections at six tertiary-care hospitals in Saudi Arabia: A point prevalence survey.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2019; 40: 355-357