Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to American Journal of Infection Control
- A causal link between handwashing and risk of infection?.Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1988; 9: 28-36
- Handwashing: a ritual revisited.in: Chemical germicides in health care. Association for Professionals Infection Control and Epidemiology, Washington (DC)1995: 163-178 (211-9)
- Epidemiology of nosocomial infections.in: Infectious diseases. : WB Saunders Co, Philadelphia1992: 96-106
- The epidemiology and prevention of nosocomial infections.in: Disinfection, sterilization, and preservation. : Lea & Fegier, Philadelphia1991: 663-675
- Understanding the cost of nosocomial infections.in: Prevention and control of nosocomial infections. : Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1993: 21-41
- The global impact of infection control.in: Prevention and control of nosocomial infections. : Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore1993: 13-20
- Comparative efficacy of alternative hand-washing agents in reducing nosocomial infections in intensive care units.N Engl J Med. 1992; 327: 88-93
- Hand-washing and nosocomial infections.N Engl J Med. 1992; 327: 120-122
- A broad-based approach to evaluating topical antimicrobial products.in: Handbook of disinfectants and antiseptics. : Marcel-Dekker, New York1996: 17-33
21 CFR Sect 333.470 (1994).
- Evaluation of three handwash modalities commonly employed in the food industry.Dairy Food Environ Sanitation. 1992; 12: 615-618
- Evaluation of three microorganism recovery procedures used to determine handwash efficacy.Dairy Food Environ Sanitation. 1993; 13: 520-523
- Comparative investigation on recovering bacteria from artificially contaminated hands.Zentralbl Bakteriol [Orig B]. 1975; 160: 412-431
- Influence of some variables on the results of evaluations of procedures for hygienic hand disinfection.Hyg Med. 1982; 7: 157-166
- APIC guideline for handwashing and hand antisepsis in health care settings.AJIC Am J Infect Control. 1995; 23: 251-269
- Introduction to statistical analysis.in: 4th ed. : McGraw-Hill, New York1983: 131-133
- Selecting and ordering populations.in: : John Wiley, New York1977: 14-57
- Applications, basics and computing of exploratory data analysis.in: : Duxbury, Boston1981: 3-121
- Alcohols.in: Disinfection, sterilization, and preservation. : Lea & Febiger, Philadelphia1991: 191-203
- Intermittent use of an antimicrobial hand gel for reducing soap irritation of health care personnel.in: AJIC Am J Infect Control. 18. 1990: 194-200
Health Care Personnel Handwash Procedure, 21 CFR Part 333.470 (1994).
☆From the BioScience Laboratories, Inc, Bozeman,a and GOJO Industries, Inc, Cuyahoga Falls.b
☆☆Supported in part by GOJO Industries, Inc.
★Reprint requests: Eleanor J. Fendler, PhD, GOJO Industries, Inc, 3783 State Road, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223.